COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TaxConnections Never Sells Or Gives Away Your Personal Information
TaxConnections does NOT sell or give away your personal information, such as your name or e-mail address, that you provide or sign up for a TaxConnections Membership. We will use your name and e-mail address only to send our content and our sponsors content to you through our client relationship management service. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the foot of every page of the TaxConnections site.
As is typical of many other blogs and websites, this site may passively collect your personal information, such as your country of access, time of access, accessed posts and pages, etc., through the use of Google Analytics and/or the Jetpack WordPress Plugin. This site does NOT sell or give away this information. TaxConnections Tax Blog is set up separately on WordPress from the rest of our site but our rules span our entire site.
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, and password
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, and business type
- Demographic information such as education, gender, interests and zip code
- As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you service information and updates
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you alerts and communications regarding our services
- Respond to your questions and feedback
- Improve our website to provide you with better services
- Conduct research and analysis
- Enable you to post your resume, search job postings, and contact or be contacted by prospective employers
- List you in our publicly accessible, interactive “Worldwide Directory of Tax Professionals” if you are a subscribing member of this directory
We take great pride in our ability to reach out to Sponsors to research their products and services prior to promoting them on the TaxConnections site. We encourage visitors to tell us of their experiences with these products and services. Your feedback is important to us and to our Sponsors in order to enable them to continually improve their products and services to customers.
You may choose to stop receiving our tax blog newsfeed, newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com
We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personal information, such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent to post their name along with their testimonial prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove your personal information that is being displayed on the public-facing pages of our website, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
TAX QUESTIONS, TAX POLLS AND FORUM
We provide you the opportunity to participate in tax questions, tax polls and forum on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these areas is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information such as name and email address, and demographic information (such as zip code).
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If TaxConnections Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
- We make your contact information available to other users that you transact with on this site to help complete the transaction
- For marketing purposes
THIRD PARTY E-COMMERCE SOLUTIONS PROVIDER
Our shopping cart is hosted by our e-commerce solutions provider. They host our ordering system and collect your billing information directly from you for the purpose of processing your order. This company does not use this information for any other purpose.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close you browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
BEHAVIORAL TARGETING / RE-TARGETING
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL POLICY INFORMATION
Social Media Widgets
BLOG AND FORUM
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
UPDATING/ACCESSING/AMENDING/CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not store your submitted order information online for you to access. If you wish to correct, delete or change your submitted information there will be instructions provided within your order confirmation email or you may call or write to us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of this statement.